Trading has come a long way, and thanks to the internet, online shopping is now a go-to for today’s shopper.
Online shopping has grown significantly in the last few years, and from the numbers, we can only expect the market to grow bigger.
So, it is no surprise that some of the biggest companies in the world are eCommerce platforms.
Although some of these companies are enormous names in the industry, a couple of them are still relatively unknown.
Well, here is the list of the largest eCommerce companies in the world by revenue and market capitalization.
- List of Largest eCommerce Companies in the World in 2022
- Top 10 Largest eCommerce Companies (Ranked by Revenue)
- Largest eCommerce Companies by Country
List of Largest eCommerce Companies in the World in 2022
Top 10 Largest eCommerce Companies (Ranked by Revenue)
10 biggest e-commerce companies in the world are (sorted by revenue):
- Amazon ($469.82 billion)
- JD.com ($149.32 billion)
- Alibaba ($109.48 billion)
- Meituan (27.77 billion)
- Suning.com ($21.09 billion)
- Otto Group ($18.27 billion)
- Shein ($15.7 billion)
- Rakuten ($15.3 billion)
- Wayfair ($13.71 billion)
- Wildberies ($10.8 billion)
Largest eCommerce Companies by Country
Lets take a look at the largest ecommerce companies of some countries.
What Is the Largest eCommerce Company in the United States?
Currently, the largest eCommerce company in the United States is Amazon, with revenues of $469.82 billion in 2021.
The other largest online companies in the United States are:
- Wayfair ($13.71)
- eBay ($10.42)
- Chewy ($7.15)
- Carvana ($5.59)
- Overstock ($2.55)
What Is the Largest eCommerce Company in China?
Currently, the largest eCommerce company in China is JD.com, with revenues of $149.32 billion in 2021.
The other largest eCommerce companies in China are:
- Alibaba ($109.48)
- Meituan ($27.77)
- Suning.com ($21.09)
- Shein ($15.7)
- Pinduoduo ($4.33)
What Is the Largest eCommerce Company in the United Kingdom?
Currently, the largest eCommerce company in the United Kingdom is ASOS.com, with revenues of $4.52 billion in 2021.
The 2nd largest online company in the United Kingdom is Farfech ($1.67).
What Is the Largest eCommerce Company in Germany?
Currently, the largest eCommerce company in Germany is Otto Group, with revenues of $18.27 billion in 2021.
The 2nd largest online company in Germany is Zalando ($7.98).
- Amazon.com Announces Fourth Quarter Sales up 21% to $87.4 Billion
- AMZN : Summary for Amazon.com, Inc. – Yahoo Finance
- JD : Summary for JD.com, Inc. – American Deposit – Yahoo Finance
- Facebook Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results
- Alibaba Group Announces March Quarter and Full Fiscal Year 2019 Results
- BABA : Summary for Alibaba Group Holding Limited A – Yahoo Finance
- Suning.com Released 2019 Financial Report with the Establishment of Full-Scenario Retail
- 002024.SZ : Summary for Suning.com Co., Ltd. – Yahoo Finance
- Earnings Release | Rakuten, Inc
- RKUNY : Summary for RAKUTEN INC – Yahoo Finance
- eBay Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results
- EBAY : Summary for eBay Inc. – Yahoo Finance
- Wayfair Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results
- W : Summary for Wayfair Inc. – Yahoo Finance
- Annual Reports | Key Figures 2019 | Zalando
- ZAL.DE : Summary for ZALANDO SE – Yahoo Finance
- South Korea’s Coupang operating loss shrinks by a third in 2019 as e-commerce surges
- Chewy, Inc. – Investor Relations
- CHWY : Summary for Chewy, Inc. – Yahoo Finance
- Pinduoduo Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2019 Unaudited Financial Results
- Sabre reports fourth quarter 2019 results
- SABR : Summary for Sabre Corporation – Yahoo Finance
- ASOS Final Results for the year to 31 August 2019
- ASC.L : Summary for ASOS PLC ORD 3.5P – Yahoo Finance
- Fanatics profile on CNBC
- B2W announces 4Q19 Results
- BTOW3.SA : Summary for B2W CIA DIGITAL – Yahoo Finance
- com revenue
- The Amazon-Whole Foods Deal Could Have Killed Instacart. Instead, The Startup Is Stronger Than Ever
- Overstock.com Form 10-K | SEC Filings
- OSTK : Summary for Overstock.com, Inc. – Yahoo Finance
- Farfetch Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results
- FTCH : Summary for Farfetch Limited – Yahoo Finance