Are you looking for a piece of trustworthy statistical information about video marketing?
Your overall marketing strategy will include various methods.
And if video marketing is not included there, then you are missing out on a great strategy.
Regardless of the size of your business, it would be best if you were using video content to draw in more customers.
You could choose to include explainer videos, vlogs, tutorials, video testimonials, product reviews, live streams, and even video ads.
Just as the use of social media is on the rise, so is video marketing.
Are you still having doubts?
Here are some statistics to show you why your marketing strategy should include video content.
- Video Marketing Statistics Summary
- 1. More than Half of the Consumers Would Love Video Content From Their Brand or Company of Choice
- 2. What Percentage of Internet Users Watch Video Content?
- 3. What Is the Main Purpose of Videos in Marketing Campaigns?
- 4. 87% of Marketing Professionals Use Video as a Marketing Tool
- 5. What Is the Effect of Video Content for Business?
- 6. Will Videos on Social Media Help You Land New Customers?
- 7. 88% of Marketers Say They Plan to Do Video Marketing on Youtube
- 8. How Much Time Internet Users Spend Watching Online Videos?
- 9. How Many Youtube Users Are There?
- 10. 88% of Video Marketers Are Satisfied With the ROI of Their Video Marketing Efforts on Social Media
- 11. 83% of Video Marketers Say Videos Have Helped Them Generate Leads
- 12. Watching a Product Video Convinced 74% of People to Download an App or Software
- Video Marketing Statistics – Verdict
Video Marketing Statistics Summary
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support
- 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices
- 72% of people involved in video marketing say they use videos to raise brand awareness.
- 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool
- Using video marketing could boost your leads by 66% annually
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer because of a video on social media
- 88% of marketers say they plan to do video marketing on Youtube
- Internet users spend close to 7 hours each week watching online videos
- Youtube has 2+ billion users which is almost 1/3 of the internet population
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media
- 83% of video marketers say videos have helped them generate leads
- Watching a product video convinced 74% of people to download an app or software
1. More than Half of the Consumers Would Love Video Content From Their Brand or Company of Choice
54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
A HubSpot marketing survey that included about 3,000 respondents showed that 54% of the consumers consistently preferred video marketing from the brands they support.
Marketers have been debating whether video marketing is a passing fleet or is here to stay.
The study, however, revealed that many of the respondents would pay more attention to videos than they would to text or audio content.
Video content is a preference, especially for millennials, and marketers whose audience consists of people in this age gap should leverage the opportunity.
If your target audience comprises of baby boomers and older consumers, you are better off using email marketing for your business.
2. What Percentage of Internet Users Watch Video Content?
85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices.
If you are still not convinced that you should be using video content, then perhaps 85% of internet users in the US will help you decide.
This percentage reflects those who watch online videos monthly.
Users between the ages of 18-24 spend an average of 83 minutes each week watching online videos, while those between 50-64 spent 36 minutes.
Most users will turn to YouTube, which makes the site rank first among entertainment and video sites.
3. What Is the Main Purpose of Videos in Marketing Campaigns?
72% of people involved in video marketing say they use videos to raise brand awareness.
According to Wave.video the number one reason for using videos in marketing campaigns is to raise brand awareness.
Also, 66% of respondents use videos to generate sales.
4. 87% of Marketing Professionals Use Video as a Marketing Tool
More marketers now realize the importance of video marketing as part of their overall strategy.
87% of businesses across different industries now use video as a marketing tool.
The increase in video use for marketing also means an increase in competition.
We can, therefore, only expect more marketers to adopt the strategy for their businesses.
5. What Is the Effect of Video Content for Business?
Using video marketing could boost your leads by 66% annually.
The primary aim of any marketing strategy is to bring in quality leads that can quickly turn into paying customers.
Marketers who have employed videos in their strategy report 66% more qualified leads each year.
Returning customers are usually responsible for a massive chunk of a business’s profits.
Tiger Fitness reported a 60% returning rate after incorporating video content into the marketing strategy.
6. Will Videos on Social Media Help You Land New Customers?
93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer because of a video on social media.
When choosing to use video content, you will also need to decide where to put the videos. Sure, you could have them on your website.
But, research shows that social media platforms may be the best way to go.
93% of marketers landed a new client, thanks to a video on social media.
If you are looking to boost your customers through videos on social media, then you should target Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, which are the most popular platforms among consumers.
7. 88% of Marketers Say They Plan to Do Video Marketing on Youtube
YouTube has been steadily growing and is today, the platform is the second most popular search engine, right after Google.
Internet users are searching for entertainment videos, product reviews, brand explainer videos, and so much more on the platform.
It, therefore, comes as no surprise that 88% of marketers are looking to do video marketing on YouTube.
Another 76% plan to use Facebook while the percentage of those willing to use LinkedIn is 66%.
It may come as a surprise why LinkedIn surpasses some popular social media platforms like Instagram, but this can be attributed to the high organic reach on the platform.
8. How Much Time Internet Users Spend Watching Online Videos?
Internet users spend close to 7 hours each week watching online videos.
A study sampling 4500 respondents from nine countries, including the UK and the US, revealed that internet users spend 6 hours 48 minutes watching online videos each week.
These respondents view a variety of online videos, with movies being the most popular content.
The growing popularity of online videos is slowly eradicating traditional broadcast viewing.
TV viewing dropped by 10% from the previous year.
9. How Many Youtube Users Are There?
Youtube has 2+ billion users which is almost 1/3 of the internet population.
If you are planning to use video marketing for your business, then you need to get your videos on YouTube.
The platform enjoys a viewership of more than 2 billion monthly users.
These users also account for 1/3 of the internet population.
The daily number of active users on the platform is 30 million.
These users watch 250 million hours daily.
Regardless of the scope of your business, you are likely to get impressive leads from posting your videos on this platform.
10. 88% of Video Marketers Are Satisfied With the ROI of Their Video Marketing Efforts on Social Media
If you haven’t started it yet, you are probably wondering if video marketing will be worth it.
Will you get the desired results, or will you just end up losing your investment?
Most internet marketers steer away from video content because of the costs involved. Sure, creating video content for your marketing is an expensive affair.
But, 88% of video marketers recorded satisfaction with the ROI derived from their social media videos.
Therefore, if you do everything correctly, you are likely going to like the outcome.
11. 83% of Video Marketers Say Videos Have Helped Them Generate Leads
For every marketing strategy, there are primary goals to be met.
These goals vary, depending on the type of business, operation period, and other deciding factors.
One of the primary marketing goals for any business is to bring in prospective customers.
For 83% of marketers, using videos in their marketing campaigns has helped them generate leads.
80% said that the videos helped to increase sales, while 95% of video marketers attributed the videos to better user understanding of their products or services.
12. Watching a Product Video Convinced 74% of People to Download an App or Software
So, what do the buyers and consumers feel about video marketing?
74% of people were convinced to buy or download an app or software after watching a video on the same.
This compares to 84% who purchased a product or service after watching a brand’s video, and 96% who have watched an explainer video.
Most people would like to learn about your products or services through a short video.
Therefore, have this in mind before you decide to make a sales call, which will only appeal to 2% of the people.
Video Marketing Statistics – Verdict
Using visuals in marketing could never go wrong.
But, now it seems like video marketing is quickly becoming the way to go.
A short video will capture the consumer’s attention and provide all the details they need within a short time.
Therefore, you should consider using video marketing as a crucial element of your marketing strategy.
Video marketing comes with some hefty bills attached.
But, as you can see from the numbers, you are going to love the returns.
So, why don’t you implement it for your business?
- Content Trends: Preferences Emerge Along Generational Fault Lines – HubSpot
- Percentage of internet users who watch online video content on any device as of January 2018, by country – Statista
- [New Study] Video Marketing for Small Business in 2020: Challenges & Best Practices
- Video Marketing Statistics 2020 – Wyzowl
- Video Marketing Statistics: What You Must Know for 2020 – OptinMonster
- 2018 State of Social Video: Marketer Trends [Infographic] – Animoto
- The State of Video Marketing 2020 – Wyzowl
- Market Research: The State of Online Video 2019 – Limelight Networks
- YouTube Now Has 2 Billion Monthly Users, Who Watch 250 Million Hours on TV Screens Daily – Variety