ClickFunnels Tutorial: How to Create a Sales Funnel With ClickFunnels 2.0
By Marius Kiniulis – January 25, 2023
We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
Welcome to my ClickFunnels tutorial!
In this tutorial, I will take you through the process of creating and optimizing a sales funnel using ClickFunnels 2.0.
ClickFunnels 2.0 is a powerful tool that allows any business to easily create, optimize and manage its sales and marketing funnels.
In this tutorial, I will cover everything you need to know to get started with ClickFunnels, including setting up your account, creating and customizing your funnel
Let’s dive in!
- ClickFunnels Tutorial: How to Create a Sales Funnel With ClickFunnels 2.0
- What Is ClickFunnels?
- How to Get a ClickFunnels 2.0 Account?
- An Overview of the ClickFunnels Interface And Its Various Elements
- How to Setup ClickFunnels 2.0?
- 1. Set up Your Funnel Hub
- 2. Set up Your Payment Gateway
- 3. Create a Course (Membership Site)
- 4. Create Your Funnels And Products
- 5. Setup Emails And Workflows
- Useful Resources for Troubleshooting And Finding Additional Help
What Is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a web-based software platform that allows users to create and manage online sales funnels.
This software provides a variety of tools for building and customizing sales funnels.
Recently, ClickFunnels released an updated version of the software called ClickFunnels 2.0, which comes with far more features than the previous version, ClickFunnels 1.0.
ClickFunnels 2.0 runs as a separate platform from the already existing ClickFunnels one, and is a much faster and more flexible platform with many new features.
ClickFunnels 2.0 allows users to build their entire website ecosystem in one place.
It has funnel hubs, CRM funnels, an eCommerce site builder, a blog builder, and many more features that the previous version did not have.
ClickFunnels can be used for a wide range of businesses and industries, including e-commerce, digital products, coaching and consulting, network marketing, service-based businesses, and more.
How to Get a ClickFunnels 2.0 Account?
There are two main ways to get ClickFunnels 2.0 account:
- Using the main ClickFunnels website (https://www.clickfunnels.com/).
- Using the Your First Funnel website (https://www.yourfirstfunnel.com/).
The main difference between these two methods is that when you create an account through the official ClickFunnels website, you get a 14-day free trial. Meanwhile, if you create an account through the Your First Funnel website, then you will get a 30-day ClickFunnels free trial and you will be able to take advantage of other special offers, such as free training, etc.
To get a ClickFunnels account using the main website, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the ClickFunnels website (https://www.clickfunnels.com/)
- Click on the “Start Your Free Trial” button or the “Pricing” button on the top menu.
- Choose a pricing plan that best suits your needs.
- Fill out the required information to create your account, including your name, email address, and password.
- Click on the “Create My Account” button to complete the process.
After you have created your account, you will be taken to your ClickFunnels 2.0 dashboard.
To create a ClickFunnels account using the Your First Funnel website follow these steps:
- Go to the Your First Funnel website (https://www.yourfirstfunnel.com/)
- Click on the green signup button.
- In the popup window that opens, enter your email address.
- On the confirmation page, you will need to fill out the required information to create your account, including your name, email address, and password.
- Enter your credit card details.
- Click on the “Yes! Let’s Get Started Now AND Start My 30 Day Trial To ClickFunnels 2.0!” button to complete the process.
After you have created your account, you will be taken to your Your First Funnel and ClickFunnels 2.0 dashboards.
An Overview of the ClickFunnels Interface And Its Various Elements
When you log into your ClickFunnels account, you’ll find the following key elements:
- Dashboard: This is the central hub where you can manage all your funnels, pages, and settings.
- Settings: This is where you can manage different aspects of your account, including your billing information, integrations, themes, and user permissions.
- Payment Gateway: ClickFunnels uses Payments.ai as its own integrated payment gateway to process payments without any third-party service.
- Funnel Builder: This is the main tool for creating and editing funnels. It includes a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to add and customize your pages and their elements.
- Marketing Tool: This is an email marketing tool that allows you to create and manage automated email sequences and send your marketing emails based on different criteria.
- Analytics: This is where you can see complete statistics about your page views, opt-ins, orders or sales, and conversion rate.
How to Setup ClickFunnels 2.0?
To setup ClickFunnels 2.0 you should follow these steps:
- Setup Funnel Hub.
- Set up your payment gateway.
- Create a membership site.
- Create your funnels and products.
- Set up emails and workflows.
Let’s take a closer look at each of them
1. Set up Your Funnel Hub
The Funnel Hub at ClickFunnels 2.0 is the command center from where you run your websites and sales funnels in one platform.
You will locate your backend navigation there.
1.1. Choose And Customize Your Theme
Here’s how to customize your Workspace with a new Theme.
Using a “Theme,” you can give a page or collection of pages a unique feel.
You’ll need the following before you can begin:
- A pre-existing theme
The steps for adding a theme to your workspace are as follows:
- On the dashboard, go to the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Themes” from the options menu.
- Click on “Add new theme”.
- Choose a theme from the list that you find appealing.
- Select a theme and click “Install Theme”.
- At the upper right of the screen, you’ll get a notification confirming the addition to the list of themes or that it already appears there.
1.2. Upload a Favicon And Header Logo
You’ll want to make sure you have these things before you begin:
- A workspace within your account
- Standard size for a favicon/logo (512×512) pixels
In order to add a favicon and header logo you should follow these steps:
- Click the “Site & Funnels” icon on the left side of the workspace dashboard.
- On the next page, use the gear/cog icon in the upper right corner of the overview panel.
- Under “Site Favicon” and “Site Header Logo” tap the “Select image” button.
- Select a folder on the left side of the window to upload a new image or choose one from a previous upload.
- To add a new picture to your chosen folder, click “Upload Image” or drag and drop a picture onto the “Upload Box”. If you click on an uploaded image after returning to “Site Settings”, that image will appear as the site’s favicon or logo.
- Then select “Update Site”.
Your website now has a favicon and a logo.
1.3. Connect Domain Name
Here is what you’ll need to have ready before starting to connect the domain:
- An active account with ClickFunnels
- A pre-existing domain name registered through a third-party registrar
- To connect an existing domain, go to “Domains” under the “Sites and Funnels” menu.
- Choose “Buy Google domain” if you don’t have a domain yet, but want to buy one, or choose “Connect existing domain” if you already have a domain (we will continue this guide by choosing the latter option).
- Fill up the blank space with the current domain and press “Continue”.
*Keep in mind that you need to start with a subdomain. Subdomains, with “www” are the most popular.
- Tap the “Add Domain” button once the domain registrar details have loaded.
- Select the “Begin Domain Setup” option.
- A prompt will confirm that ClickFunnels configures domains using a third-party program named Entri. Follow the prompts by selecting the “Continue” button.
- In the next step, you will need to select your hosting/domain provider.
- Once you select the domain registrar where your domain is hosted select the “Authorize” option.
- When the registrar adds the new DNS records, it will display. To proceed, please click the “Authorize” button below.
- Once you have verified the domain configuration, click the “Done” button.
Successfully linking the domain will now reflect a connected status.
You should know that the “Securing” status occasionally appears in the domain status. In this scenario, the securing step can take up to 48 hours to complete.
Next, we can start to customize our site.
1.4. Customize Your Site
To customize your site’s overall appearance you will need to use the “Overview” menu.
If you do this, you’ll be able to tweak multiple pages on your site.
So, here’s what you should do to customize your site:
- Go to your “Workspace Dashboard” and select the “Site and Funnels” icon.
- The “Overview” tab should load instantly.
If you need a general overview, head to the “Overview” tab in the top left.
- Select the “Customize” black button to start making changes.
- When you click on it, it will take you straight to the workspace editor, where you’ll see the theme pages and be able to make changes to your site.
- To save your changes, select “Save” from the page’s menu bar.
- When you’re done making changes, hit the “Exit Editor” in the top left corner to leave the workspace.
1.5. Create Your Site Pages
Here’s how to create new pages in the ClickFunnels 2.0 dashboard:
- On the left of the workspace dashboard select “Site and Funnels”.
- Then go to “Pages” in the left menu.
- Click on the black “New Page” button.
- Choose the desired page template, or click on the “Start from blank” button.
- In the next step, give the page a title, description, and other necessary information. Then press the “Create page” button.
- Then the page editor will open, where you can customize your page. When you have made all the desired changes, press the “Save” button.
That’s all. Your page has been created.
1.6. Create a Blog
Next, we will show you how to create a blog. It is not necessary to have, but it is quite useful for SEO purposes and for providing additional information to your potential users.
Here is a tutorial on creating and customizing a blog:
- On the left of the workspace dashboard, select “Site & Funnels”.
- Find the “Blog” tab on the site’s upper left.
- To edit your blog, go to the “Blog” section and select “Customize” from the menu.
- As soon as you click on it, you’ll redirect to the workspace editor, where you can make changes and personalizations to your site. Once done customizing, click “Save” at the top right of the page.
- Now you can add new articles by clicking on the “New Blog Post” button.
- Upload the article, give it a name, arrange all other necessary settings and press the “Create post” button.
That’s all. Your blog is ready.
2. Set up Your Payment Gateway
Payments.ai is a new payment execution and processing system that is used in ClickFunnels 2.0.
It is important to mention that payment gateways such as Stripe or Paypal can be used along with Payments.ai.
Payments.ai will allow you to:
- Create, manage and edit subscriptions
- Create, manage and edit trials
- Create and edit products
- Create orders
- Process payments and refunds
- Send invoices
You can start accepting payments using your Payment.ai account by following these instructions.
Make sure you have copies of your company’s necessary legal and financial records before you begin. Also, don’t forget to get your details prepared if you plan to register as a “Sole Proprietor”.
So, in order to set up a payment gateway you will need to follow these steps:
- Select “Payments” in the left menu bar, at the very bottom.
- First, choose your country and agree to the terms of Payment AI’s policies and contracts.
- Next, fill in your company’s details and press the “Next step” button.
- Provide your company’s address.
- Add your business owner information.
- Fill in your company’s address.
If your home and workplace addresses are the same, you can use that.
- Add your billing info.
- Upload the necessary documents to verify your business details.
Provide the needed documents by uploading them. You can finish this step later, and it is optional. Full access to your Payments AI account, including the ability to withdraw funds, is contingent upon your verification documents.
Payment AI will authenticate your data.
This procedure can take a few minutes to finish after which you will receive a confirmation message.
You can begin using the account when the account verification process is complete.
If a mistake occurs or Payment AI denies your application, contact the customer center support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.1. Connect Stripe to Payments.ai
You can use Payments.ai to accept payments using your Stripe account.
Here’s what you should do to connect Stripe to Payments.ai.
- Select “Gateways” from your dashboard’s menu bar.
- To link your Stripe account, select “Connect Stripe” from the drop-down menu labeled “Other Gateways”.
- Once you click the button, a new tab will appear in your browser, prompting you to sign in with your Stripe credentials. Start by entering your email address.
- After logging in, it will request you to choose an existing Stripe account or create a new one:
- After choosing an existing account or creating a new one, it will redirect back to Payments AI, where you’ll see that Stripe is now connected successfully.
2.2. Connect PayPal to Payments.ai
You can accept payments from customers using your PayPal account using Payment AI.
Here’s what you should do to connect PayPal to Payments.ai.
- Select “Gateways” from the top navigation bar on your dashboard.
- Select “Connect PayPal” from the “Other Gateways” menu.
- A login window for your PayPal account will open in a new tab. The first step is to enter your email address.
- You will then be asked to grant permission to your PayPal account.
- A “Thanks for signing up” message will display after successful login. To complete the connection, you will then click “Go Back”.
Once you have clicked the “Go Back” button, it will redirect back to Payments AI, and you’ll see a successfully connected status for PayPal.
3. Create a Course (Membership Site)
You can use a membership funnel to sell access to your material behind a paywall or to create a private community with members-only features.
Creating a sales funnel using ClickFunnels 2.0 membership site is not necessary (for example, if you are going to sell physical products, eBooks, etc.).
However, if you plan to sell various trainings, then you probably won’t be able to do without a membership site.
Here is a video showing how to create courses using ClickFunnels 2.0:
To create a membership site you will need to do the following:
- On the left of the workspace dashboard, select “Site & Funnels”.
- Find the “Courses” tab on the site’s upper left.
- Click on the black “New Course” button.
- On the page that opens, select the type of course you want to create.
- In the next window, give your course a name and description, and enter other necessary information and press the “Create Course” button.
- Click on the name of your newly created course.
- On the page that opens, press the “Customize” button.
- Customize the course design according to your needs. Press the “Save” button.
- Go back to your course dashboard and add Modules and Lessons to your course.
Once you’ve created and organized your course, you can start creating products and funnels.
4. Create Your Funnels And Products
ClickFunnels 2.0 allows you to create your products once and then use them in multiple funnels.
Here’s what the process should look like.
4.1. Add Your Products
The “Products” dashboard allows you to easily manage all of your goods and services for your website and sales funnels.
One of the great things about the Product Dashboard is that you can use your products on multiple pages throughout your site, not just one specific page or step in a funnel.
Let’s dive in and learn how to make the most of this feature.
- On the left of the workspace dashboard, select “Products”.
- On the next page, click on the “Create product” button.
- In the window that opens, select the type of product (digital, physical, bundle), give it a name, and, if necessary, a description.
- Then choose the payment type (one-time payment or subscription) and set the price of the product.
- Finally, you will need to provide all other remaining information about the products – SKU numbers, purchase actions, variants, SEO information, etc. When all this is done, press the “Update product” button.
That’s all. Your product has been successfully created.
4.2. Create a Sales Funnel
A sales funnel area lets you build a website that allows you to curate the experience of your visitors by guiding them through pages tailored to their choices.
You can gather contacts, generate leads, and even make sales.
Here’s a quick video showing how to create a sales funnel using ClickFunnels 2.0
First, let’s look at how to access the Funnels section of your ClickFunnels account.
- Click on the “Site and Funnels” button on the left side of the screen.
- In the sub-menu, click on the “Funnels” button.
This will take you to the Funnels dashboard where you can view your existing funnels, get more information about each one, and create new funnels.
- To create a new funnel, click on the black “Create Funnel” button (or choose one of the funnel recipes).
- Give your funnel a name.
- Press the “+” button to add the first step and select “Page” in the right menu bar that opens.
- Choose a page from your templates or click the black “New Page” button to start with a blank page.
- Provide all the necessary page data and press the black “Create page” button.
- You will then be taken to the page editor. Design your page the way you want and press the “Save” button.
- Depending on how many pages you plan to create for your sales funnel, repeat the process from step 5.
And that’s it! You now know how to access and use the Funnels section of your ClickFunnels 2.0 account.
5. Setup Emails And Workflows
ClickFunnels 2.0’s new Workflow functionality lets you perform various actions in response to account events.
As a result, there are ways to organize your workflows.
- To create your first Workflow, navigate to Marketing > Workflows from your dashboard.
You will see a list of your workflows, including imported, archived, and active drafts. You can filter your workflows to find what you’re looking for and even sort them.
- Click “Add new workflow” to begin.
- Doing so will launch the “Workflow Editor” and allow you to make tweaks to your workflow.
- In there, you will find an “Analytics” button.
When you click on it, you’ll get workflow analytics and have the option to drill down to specific dates within those statistics.
- If you’d like to give your workflow a new name, select “Settings”.
- When you’re done making your workflow, click the “Toggle” button to activate it.
Using the “Toggle” button, you can easily hide your analytics, minimap, and back-populate.
- Depending on your “Settings,” you can also prevent your workflows from activating contacts that existed before the workflow’s creation.
But if you want them to be a part of the process, you can always back-populate the workflow.
You can set a date range for each step based on when the contact met the trigger criteria or when you clicked the “Back Populate” button.
It’s important to remember that you must click “Trigger” before the process can begin. You can also click “Add Trigger” to turn it on.
Useful Resources for Troubleshooting And Finding Additional Help
Here are some resources for finding additional help and support for ClickFunnels 2.0:
- The ClickFunnels Support Center: https://help.myclickfunnels.com/hc/en-us
This is the official support site for ClickFunnels, which provides documentation, tutorials, and FAQs to help users resolve common issues.
- The ClickFunnels YouTube Help Center Videos & Tutorials channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Clickfunnels/
This channel features a variety of videos that cover different aspects of using ClickFunnels, including tutorials and case studies.
- ClickFunnels Academy: https://academy.myclickfunnels.com/
This is an online training program provided by ClickFunnels which is designed to help users learn how to use the platform to build and optimize high-converting sales funnels. It includes video tutorials, training materials, and a community of experts to help users develop their sales funnels.
- ClickFunnels Official Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/510495802383466
This is a group of users and experts that you can use to connect with other ClickFunnels users and get help from experienced professionals.