About Thrive Leads
First, let’s find out what Thrive Leads, what company (and people) run this platform, and what you can do with it.
What Is Thrive Leads?
Thrive Leads is an effective WordPress lead-generating plugin that helps you build email lists, promote products, and boost conversions.
However, it does not send emails on your behalf.
For that, you need to use an email marketing provider.
Thrive Leads makes it easier to get subscribers to whom you can send those emails.
With Thrive Leads, you can design a variety of opt-in forms, all of which aim for maximum conversion.
The best part is that you don’t even need any design skills.
All of Thrive Leads’ designs are stunning enough to entice your site visitors and get them to subscribe to your mailing list.
You can also use the plugin to manage your contacts and run targeted campaigns to bring in more prospects.
Company: whitesquare GmbH
Address: c/o Patrizia Melaugh Beckengässchen 1 Schaffhausen, SCHAFFHAUSEN, 8200 Switzerland
The company is founded by Shane Melaugh and Paul McCarthy
How Do Thrive Leads Work?
The vast majority of email marketing services focus on the delivery of emails, leaving you with few options for growing your mailing list.
Thrive Leads covers that void by enabling you to develop a wide range of WordPress opt-in forms that you can target and optimize in various ways.
Thrive Leads provides the following forms:
- 2-step opt-in forms
- Slide-in forms
- Opt-in widget
- Screen filler overlay
- Pop-up Lightbox
- Content locker
- Scroll mat
- Inquiry-based forms
- Sticky ribbon
- Multiple choice forms
After creating a form, you will use triggers and audience targeting to display them to the right audience. You can also run A/B tests to determine the most effective copy.
The best thing is that you can connect Thrive Leads to any popular email marketing solution.
Who Is Thrive Leads Best for?
Thrive Leads is ideal for small business owners or anyone who wants to run a successful online business without paying for other third-party tools.
Users may enjoy the platform’s hassle-free experience thanks to the fact that all the tools work together seamlessly under one roof.
Here are some businesses that can benefit from using Thrive Leads
- Local small business owners who want to increase sales, leads, and revenue.
- Affiliate marketers who want to have an all-in-one system in one place.
- Membership site creators who are having trouble launching their membership sites.
- Coaches and consultants with an existing online presence or selling online courses looking to grow your audience, or who are shifting their practice into the online market.
- Marketing agencies who want to easily manage their leads.
- Digital product creators who’re looking for a nice platform to sell and market their products
- Webinar organizers
- And any other entrepreneurs
Who Is Thrive Leads Not For?
- Thrive Leads isn’t for you if you operate with websites other than WordPress
- Thrive Leads isn’t for beginners seeking a platform with a single tool. The platform has a variety of tools with which to work
Methodology: How Has Thrive Leads Been Tested?
This tool was tested using my 11-step review process involving hours of tests and performance evaluation.
To thoroughly test Thrive Leads and its possibilities, I signed up for Thrive Leads and bought a paid subscription to evaluate the platform’s capabilities.
Following this, I began using the platform and evaluating it based on metrics like:
- Flexibility and limitations: What are the platform’s features, how do they work, and what advantages can you expect? What are the drawbacks
- Management and User Experience (UX): I consider the platform’s ease of use and functionality
- Speed and Performance: How quickly can you build pages on this platform
- Security: How does the platform protect users’ personal information and keep them safe
- Affordability: I assessed the affordability of this tool depending on its price and the different plans it offers
- Communication and Support: What are the support options, how does support respond to your queries, and how do they solve them.
- User Ratings and Reputation: What is the feedback from real Thrive Leads users on other review platforms
I spent hours testing and examining Thrive Leads to provide you with a 100% objective and unbiased review.
Everything written in this review is 100% real and on the basis of my personal experience.
Thrive Leads Review: What Does It Look Like in Reality?
In this Thrive Leads review, we will dig further into this WordPress plugin.
Among the many questions I will try to answer:
- How simple is it to set up Thrive Leads?
- Is it easy to use?
- How quick is it?
- And a host of other pressing questions.
I will also try to explain my thoughts on various performance areas and assign a star rating to each review category.
So, let’s dive in.
FLEXIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS: What Can You Do With Thrive Leads?
In this Thrive Leads review, I will go over everything you can do with this WordPress plugin.
One of the most important factors in choosing such a plugin is to determine how flexible the tool is, what can be done with it, and what limitations it has.
So let’s take a look at what we found.
What Are the Key Features of Thrive Leads?
Thrive Leads offers an array of features geared towards automating your business and sales process.
Some of these features include:
- Opt-in form builder
- ThriveBox (popup lightbox)
- Sticky ribbon
- In-Line forms
- 2-step opt-in forms
- Slide-in forms
- Opt-in widgets
- Screen filler overlays
- Content lock
- Scroll mat
- Yes/No multiple-choice forms
- A/B testing
- SmartLinks & Smart Exit
- Detailed Stats and Reports
1. Opt-in Form Builder
The drag-and-drop builder in Thrive Leads is highly intuitive and provides optimum usability right away.
You also get many professionally created templates you can use right away or tweak to your liking.
How do you go about it?
Decide on a design, and click on the opt-in form template.
You can then make edits using the Thrive Leads drag-and-drop visual editor.
With the visual editor, you can completely customize any element on your own.
Here are some features that make it easier to build opt-in forms:
- Customizable form: The robust drag-and-and-drop builder makes it easy to create unlimited variations of your forms.
- Conversion-focused design: Every feature, although visually stunning, works as part of a conversion machine.
An opt-in form pops up in your visitor’s window when triggered.
Thrive Themes products come built for conversion, and this one is no exception.
To increase your mailing list, all you have to do is select the “Lightbox” option, and you’re ready to go.
Some features that facilitate creating effective lightbox pop-ups include:
- Drag and drop: Using the builder, you can create any Lightbox pop-up, from an introductory video to a whole pop-up landing page.
- Precise targeting: Thrive Leads allows you to offer the correct opt-in form to each visitor at a suitable time using a range of triggers, such as smart exit.
3. Sticky Ribbon
Using the ribbon, you don’t have to compromise any screen space to show an opt-in form continuously.
If you use an opt-in ribbon at the top or post footer form on your page, you will prompt your visitors to opt-in as they scroll down.
It’s both tactful and sticky.
Tactful because you’re not obscuring any information, and sticky because your opt-in form remains in view even after scrolling.
It’s a low-key but practical approach to getting more leads.
Here is a feature that can aid in creating effective sticky ribbons.
- Precise targeting: You can choose to display your ribbon form on page load or after a set length of time when your reader is more likely to act.
4. In-Line Forms
Thrive leads In-Line Forms is a static banner-style form you can insert anywhere in your content.
You’re able to choose from the vast form templates and find one that best fits your needs.
Customizing any template using the drag-and-drop editor is also possible.
If you use Thrive Leads’ targeting capabilities, you will never see an irrelevant form in your content again. Here are some features that can facilitate the creation of in-line forms:
- Customizable forms: Thrive Leads makes it simple to tweak the form’s appearance to match your website’s design. You can also create various forms and pick which one appears on a specific page.
- Advanced trigger options: You can place the In Content opt-in form anywhere on your website. The most prominent location for this form is at the very top of your website, where a visitor’s eye naturally goes first.
5. 2-Step Opt-In Forms
ThriveBoxes make giving away a new opt-in offer for each blog post easy.
You’re providing tremendous value to your readers, and you’re doing so specifically to their interests.
If you have opt-in forms in your sidebar, chances are they are being ignored.
Using pictures to promote multiple opt-in offers in the sidebar is better. Your visitors will automatically segment themselves by clicking on the most appealing offer.
If you want your website visitors to sign up for your next webinar, you don’t have to send them elsewhere. A ThriveBox webinar sign-up form has that kind of impact.
It results in a more significant number of registrations and more purchases.
A feature that aids in creating 2-step opt-in forms is:
- Conversion-focused design: It affects everything you do and create.
6. Slide-in Forms
With slide-in forms, you can catch your readers’ attention and keep it.
They appear discreetly at the corner of the screen and allow you to grab a prospect’s attention.
Here are some features that help in creating effective slide-in forms:
- Precise targeting: Timing is crucial. If your opt-in form appears too early, your reader may not be ready to subscribe, and waiting too long may lose a fresh lead.
- Advanced A/B testing: It will help you get the highest possible conversion rates.
7. Opt-in Widgets
The sidebar widgets opt-in form is a classic.
Visitors’ eyes naturally follow an F-shape when they land on a website.
You can collect leads using the space at your page’s top, bottom, and sides.
Choose one of these spots to put your widget.
Using the drag-and-drop editor, select one of the many pre-designed templates and customize it.
Other features that can facilitate creating practical opt-in widgets include:
- Advanced A/B testing: If you want to get the most out of your A/B testing, you need to ensure you optimize every pixel of your website for conversions.
- Precise targeting: Display unique opt-ins on specific posts. You have control over when and where your opt-in widget appears.
- Customizable forms: Create your opt-in widgets and measure precisely how many leads you’ve gotten from each article with the help of custom forms. To see how well your opt-in form performs, compare it to other opt-in forms.
8. Screen Filler Overlay
Thrive Leads Screen Filler overlay is a full-screen lightbox that covers the page.
The screen filler form is ideal for getting in front of your visitors and converting them into subscribers.
Using the screen filler form, you can easily attract the attention of recent visitors while also collecting their email information.
Here are some other features to help create a full-screen filler overlay:
- Customizable forms: Create a form from scratch using our content builder, or select an existing template from the library and customize it to suit your needs.
- Conversion-focused design: With the Screen Filler Lightboxes, your forms will look fabulous no matter what device your visitor is using.
9. Content Lock
An anticipation is a powerful tool that you can use to your advantage with a content lock.
With Thrive leads Content lock feature you can hide any material on your page by requiring your visitors to submit their email addresses before accessing it.
Make your readers want to give you their email addresses by teasing them.
Here is a feature that makes content lock effective.
- Customizable forms: You can search for and select the ideal template for your form using the template collection. You can edit the text and visuals to alert your visitors that joining up through the form unlocks the hidden material.
10. Scroll Mat
Using the scroll mat, you can make any page into an opt-in form that fills the entire screen.
When a visitor arrives at your site, it appears instantaneously.
In addition, it aids in capturing the email addresses of your visitors by providing an intriguing opt-in offer.
The Scroll Mat helps your content move down the page, increasing its impact.
It takes up the screen, yet it doesn’t require your visitors to redirect to another webpage.
Some features that make Scroll Mat effective include:
- Smartlinks: Using the SmartLinks function, you can show an opt-in form to first-time visitors and a special offer to your current clients
- Customizable forms: You can choose from a library of pre-made templates or develop a new one from scratch using the content builder tool
11. Yes/No Multiple Choice Forms
There are various ways to implement Multiple-Step opt-in forms, including:
- Screen fillers
- Inline forms
- Widget area forms
- Post footer forms
- And more
When you ask clients questions and enable them to segment into sections, you can customize your offers specifically to each individual.
There is also A/B testing available to determine which of your multi-step opt-in forms performs better than others.
With a few clicks, you can compare them to one-step opt-in forms or other inquiries.
You can also use these forms to segment your leads:
Here are features that make multiple-choice forms effective:
- Precise targeting: Get more, better targeted, and more engaged subscribers by asking questions and analyzing consumer feedback.
- Advanced A/B testing: To display only the best performers, run your forms.
12. A/B Testing
Thrive Leads makes it possible to compare completely distinct opt-in forms.
For example, a widget vs. a ribbon.
The “automatic winner” option in Thrive Leads makes it easy to run a test between two or more forms and then let the plugin do all the work for you.
Thrive Leads will keep track of how each version performs.
Once you find a statistically confirmed winner, Thrive Leads will immediately hide all losing variations. A feature that works well with the A/B test is:
- Drag and drop: The drag and drop editor makes it easy to design all forms.
13. SmartLinks & SmartExit
Smartlink will help you grow your mailing list while preventing you from annoying your most valuable customers with the exact offers they’ve previously signed up for.
SmartLink allows you to choose which content to show to new visitors and what subscribers can see.
It is a game-changer for list development and email marketing.
What else can you accomplish with Smartlinks?
- Streamline your website so that your subscribers can fully immerse themselves in your content
- Replace your ordinary opt-in forms with special offers and upsells to increase your revenue
- Customize your subscribers’ and customers’ experiences, which will increase their loyalty
14. Detailed Stats And Reports
Using Thrive Leads complete reporting suite, you can track each article, page, and opt-in form on your website.
You can easily find out which source generates the most leads by looking at the Lead Referral Report.
The data will tell you if you’re on the right path and what you need to do to increase your lead creation. Here are features that facilitate getting detailed stats and reports.
- Customizable forms: It’s easy to see your general website conversions and how each opt-in formworks
- Advanced A/B testing: You can observe how your A/B tests are doing in the reporting dashboard by comparing opt-in forms and offers
What Are Thrive Leads Limitations?
- There are several drawbacks to using a WordPress plugin, such as the fact that they tie all its settings directly to the specific WordPress installation.
- ThriveBoxes, Lead Groups, and Lead Shortcodes can be a little complex when you’re just getting started.
My Verdict And Rating
So, as you can see from this list – Thrive Leads has a lot and very interesting features.
his tool has a wide variety of opt-in forms and targeting options.
So, I think that Thrive Leads is flexible enough to meet the expectations of most customers.
My rating for Thrive Leads flexibility and limitations: 4.8 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MANAGEMENT AND USER EXPERIENCE: How Easy Is It to Set up And Use Thrive Leads?
When you log in to Thrive Themes, the dashboard is straightforward.
It’s easy to find what you’re looking for because each feature has a direct link to the page you want.
Each page has a distinct set of options that you can access by clicking on them.
Setting up Thrive Leads
The setup for Thrive Leads is fairly simple and straightforward.
At the top is a menu bar with several options.
And further, all opt-in forms are managed and configured in the central Thrive Leads panel.
In the Thrive Leads Settings section it is possible to set whether we want to lazy loading for opt-in forms and purge cache for them.
Next is the Advanced Features section, where you can manage the following settings:
- Asset Delivery. Automatically send download links to new subscribers
- Leads Export. Export your leads.
- Smart Links. decide which forms are displayed depending on where your visits are coming from.
Finally, there is a Lead Reports section where you can see detailed statistics of your leads.
In the central dashboard you can manage the following opt-in form types:
- Lead groups. Create and use multiple opt-in forms at the same time, on the same pages.
- Lead shortcodes. Display forms using shortcodes anywhere you want.
- Thriveboxes. Easily give away a unique opt-in offer for each blog post
- Signup segue – one-click signup links. Create 1-click “instant” signup links that you can send to your email subscribers
How to Create an Opt-in Form With Thrive Leads
To create an opt-in form with Thrive Leads choose what type of opt-in form you want to create in the central dashboard.
Let’s say we want to go with Lead Groups.
Go to Lead Groups > Add New and give it a name.
Next, click on Add New Type of Opt-in Form.
You can choose from any of these opt-in forms:
Choose display settings:
And go to the next step to create an opt-in form.
When creating an opt-in form you can choose to create it either from blank or from a pre-built template.
Finally, you’ll be redirected to the drag and drop opt-in form page builder from where you can edit your form.
After you finish editing, click Save and your form will be completed.
As you can see, nothing too complicated.
My Verdict And Rating: Is Thrive Leads Easy to Use?
Using Thrive Leads was absolutely no problem for me.
In fact, the management and setup turned out to be even very clear and easy to understand.
You may sometimes get lost in some of the titles. But detailed explanations with videos are provided everywhere. So it really shouldn’t be hard to catch everything.
But overall, everything is presented very intuitively and easily.
Therefore, my rating for management and UX is really high.
My rating for Thrive Leads management and UX: 4.7 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SECURITY: How Safe Is It to Use Thrive Leads?
Security is another very important aspect to look out for.
Therefore, in this review, we will also review how safe the Thrive leads plugin is.
How Has Thrive Leads’ Security Been Measured?
Because WordPress plugins are on personal hosting, the security of websites usually depends on how quickly the plugin developers resolve the security vulnerabilities discovered. Also, how the WordPress website owners take care of their security.
Of course, at least plugin developers fix these security vulnerabilities pretty quickly. So in this section, I will look at how often this WordPress plugin has encountered security issues.
And I will use the publicly available data from the WPScan vulnerability database to extract this information.
Thrive Leads Vulnerability Results
The most recent versions of Thrive Leads undergo thorough security tests and are now certified as secure.
And as you can see, so far the Thrive Leads WordPress plugin has not faced any major vulnerability issues.
And this is not a common cause.
My Verdict And Rating
As you can see from the information above, Thrive Leads is safe to use.
At least so far, this plugin has not encountered any major security vulnerabilities.
And that only proves the reliability of Thrive Leads in terms of security.
My rating for Thrive Leads security: 5.0 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AFFORDABILITY: How Much Does It Cost to Use Thrive Leads?
Currently, Thrive Leads offers two pricing options:
- Thrive Leads: $97.00 a year
- Thrive Suite: $299.00 a year
But, there is no trial period.
What Are Thrive Leads Pricing Plans?
Let’s take a look at those two pricing plans more in-depth.
Thrive leads costs $97.00 a year and come with these perks:
- Opt-in forms
- Unlimited site updates
- Thrive Automator
- Thrive Apprentice
- Lead form templates
- Free access to the Facebook group
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 1 site unlimited support access
- Free access to Thrive University
The WordPress plugin is available as a standalone. It’s the best option for people who already have a website and want to add opt-in forms to create an engaged mailing list.
Thrive Suite costs $299.00 a year and for this price, you can have full access to all integrated plugins, including Thrive Leads.
A comprehensive set of conversion-focused tools will help you build and expand your online business goals. The plan comes with the following features:
- Thrive Automator
- Thrive Apprentice
- Thrive Architect
- Thrive Quiz Builder
- Thrive Ultimatum
- Thrive Comments
- Thrive Ovation
- Thrive Optimize
- Lead form templates
- 220+ landing page templates
- 1270+ smart page block templates
- The lesson, module, course overview, and school templates for online courses
- Quiz templates
- Scarcity campaign templates
- Testimonial templates
- Landing pages
- Opt-in forms
- Quizzes and surveys
- Scarcity campaigns
- Unlimited site updates
- 5 site unlimited support access
- Exclusive access to Thrive University
- Exclusive access to entire Thrive Suite only courses
- Thrive Suite exclusive webinars
- Exclusive access to the Facebook group
- 30 days money-back guarantee
What Payment Methods Does Thrive Leads Accept?
Thrive Leads accepts payment through the following well-known options:
- American Express
Thrive Leads Refund Policy
Thrive Leads offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with their products. They do not issue refunds for products returned over 30 days following the date of purchase.
How Affordable Is Thrive Leads?
Since Thrive Leads is based on a yearly plan pricing model which costs only $97.00 a year, it makes it an exclusively cheap option.
Because of this, Thrive Leads is a very cost-effective solution.
My Verdict And Rating: Is It Worth It?
Thrive Leads has two pricing models.
One purely for the Thrive Leads plugin. Next for all Thrive Themes plugins.
Both of these choices are not very expensive compared to what we get.
So, I think this pricing should be very attractive to every customer (well unless you expect to get everything for free).
My rating for Thrive Leads affordability: 4.8 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT: How Helpful Is Thrive Leads?
Communication and support are two of the most important aspects of any platform like this.
So, let’s see how swiftly Thrive Leads support team handles client concerns and resolves them.
What Are the Possible OptimizePress Support Options?
|Support Options ||Status |
|Live Chat ||Not Available |
|Email ||Available |
|Phone ||Not Available |
|Ticket System ||Available |
|Facebook Group ||Not Available |
Thrive Leads has two main support options – ticket system and email.
In fact, both of these methods are linked into one.
Sadly, neither live chat nor email is available as a support option.
What Was My Experience With Thrive Leads Support?
Personally, I haven’t encountered any issues with Thrive Leads support.
Although Thrive Leads doesn’t offer live chat, they took about half an hour to ask me questions.
And it’s certainly not a long time.
The answers were also very detailed and clear.
Verdict And Rating
Thrive Leads support does not have many contact methods.
The main way to contact Thrive support is via their ticket system.
And as I mentioned, the big downside to me is that they don’t have a live chat option.
Overall, however, support responds fairly quickly and in detail.
So nothing very bad can be said about their support.
True, I lower my score a bit due to not having live chat.
My rating for Thrive Leads communication and support: 4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CUSTOMER RATINGS AND REPUTATION: What Do Real Thrive Leads Users Think About This Software?
To create a more comprehensive picture of Thrive Leads, I decided to pay attention not only to my ratings and findings but also to check the feedback of Thrive Leads on other review platforms.
These are REAL Thrive leads users who have used this tool and shared their feedback on these review sites.
|Platform ||Overall User Rating |
|G2 ||4.4/5 |
|Trust Radius ||4.2/5 |
|Cuspera ||4.12/5 |
|Average: ||4.24/5 |
Last update: 05/18/2022
What Do Real Thrive Leads Users Think About This Tool?
As you can see, the overall rating Thrive Leads got from its users is very very high.
Also, I did quick research, and here’s what I found people like the most about Thrive Leads:
- Easy to make opt-in forms
- Good support
- The versatility
- Very good value for the money
And here’s what people are complaining the most:
- Sometimes it looks a bit overwhelming
- Could be more pre-made designs
- Poor speed optimization
Verdict And Rating
As you can see, the users themselves rate this tool quite high, and the reviews are also more positive than negative.
Thrive Leads user ratings: 4.24 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thrive Leads Review: Final Conclusions And Overall Rating
Time for final evaluation and conclusions.
Let’s start with the pros and cons.
Thrive Leads Pros & Cons
So let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Thrive Leads platform and what I’ve been able to figure out about it.
What I Did Like About Thrive Leads
- Well-optimized dashboard UX.
- It’s very cheap.
- Safe to use.
- Good support.
- Very positive user feedback.
What I Didn’t Like About Thrive Leads
- For WordPress users only
- A bit overwhelming.
Final Verdict & Overal Rating
Thrive Leads Verdict & Rating $97.00
What Are My Suggestions for Those Who Are Considering Thrive Leads
- To get the most out of Thrive Leads features, you will need to consider all your options and gather as much information as possible.
- Thrive Suite is the perfect plan for those who’re looking to make their website more powerful and flexible.
- If you need help, contact the support team. The Thrive Leads support team is excellent at getting people up and running with their web application! If the installation is an issue for you, they can try installing it themselves or provide some pointers on how you can do this.