ClickFunnels vs Unbounce
Welcome to my ClickFunnels vs Unbounce comparison guide.
In this guide you’re going to find out:
- In-depth ClickFunnels vs Unbounce comparison
- What are the differences between ClickFunnels and Unbounce?
- What do these tools have in common?
- Which of those tools might be better for you?
- Lots more
I have tested both of these tools and in this article, I will try to share my insights on them.
Let’s dive in.
Affiliate Disclaimer: I’m an independent affiliate on both companies and I receive referral payments from them. However, this fact has absolutely no effect on the quality of my assessment and presentation of information. In this article, I present all the information objectively and impartially, regardless of the commission rates offered by both companies.
- ClickFunnels vs Unbounce In-Depth Comparison
- ClickFunnels And Unbounce Short Overview
- ClickFunnels vs. Unbounce Comparison
- How Is ClickFunnels Better Than Unbounce?
- 1. ClickFunnels Is an All-In-One Platform
- 2. With ClickFunnels You Can Create Membership Sites
- 3. ClickFunnels Lets You Nurture Your Leads to Customers/Clients
- 4. ClickFunnels Has an Affiliate Management Platform
- 5. ClickFunnels Has Many Pre-Built Funnels
- 6. ClickFunnels Has a Marketplace to Sell Your Funnels
- 7. ClickFunnels Lets You Share Your Funnels
- How Is Unbounce Better Than ClickFunnels?
- ClickFunnels and Unbounce Pricing Comparison
- ClickFunnels or Unbounce: Which is Better for You?
- ClickFunnels vs Unbounce: Verdict
ClickFunnels And Unbounce Short Overview
To understand ClickFunnels and Unbounce, let’s take a look at short reviews of each platform separately to examine where each excels.
Below is a quick overview of ClickFunnels and Unbounce.
|Price:||$97.00 to $297.00 per month|
|Free Trial:||14 days free|
ClickFunnels is a renowned all-in-one sales funnel building and marketing platform. The software is packed with great tools and numerous templates, making the process of creating sales funnels as easy as possible.
ClickFunnels offers different sales funnel templates. From squeeze page funnels, tripwire funnel, webinar funnels, application funnels, etc.
Apart from sales funnels, you can use ClickFunnels to create landing pages, webinars, regular websites, membership sites, and great affiliate programs.
The one thing that makes ClickFunnels stand out in the market is the numerous training programs and resources offered by the platform. These include video training, webinars, ebooks, etc., which help new users familiarize themselves with the platform.
- Drag and drop page builder
- Backpack affiliate system
- High converting templates
- Upsells and downsells
- A/B split testing
- Share your funnels
- Third-party integrations
- Reporting and web analytics
ClickFunnels offers both chat and phone support. But it limits priority phone support to higher-tier plan users only.
The platform has a Facebook community where users can interact with like-minded individuals, get inspiration and ask each other questions about ClickFunnels and marketing.
As mentioned earlier, ClickFunnels also offers a ton of resources that act as great support, especially for new users.
Pros & Cons
- Drag and drop editor is very easy to use
- It integrates with numerous other tools
- Customizable templates making it easier to develop and launch high converting sales funnels
- Offers email autoresponders
- Lots of training and resources readily available in the member area.
- Customer support is a little slow, especially for low tier plan users
- It can be difficult to master for beginners
- ClickFunnels page loading speed is somewhat slower than other platforms
ClickFunnels is best for building high-converting sales funnels and marketing your products and services.
The platform is ideal for marketers and businesses who are looking to scale and push sales.
The platform also has a great affiliate management system making it easier to push sales and increase income.
|Price:||$80.00 to $300 per month|
|Free Trial:||14 days free trial|
Unbounce was the first created landing page building software for online business owners with zero coding skills. After Unbounce introduced a non-tech savvy software, soon other companies followed suit.
The platform currently has over 15,000 users with numerous new features that are continuously updated to improve customer experience.
Overall, Unbounce is a highly effective landing page builder.
The drag and drop editor is very flexible and gives users complete freedom to customize templates to suit their business and brand.
- Popup and Sticky bars
- Accelerated mobile pages (AMP)
- A/B split testing
- Fully customizable templates
- Unsplash photo library
- 1:1 onboarding calls & training
- Real-time conversion analytics
- Dynamic text replacement
- Advanced targeting and scheduling
- Mobile responsive builder
- Free hosting
Unbounce has an extensive customer support system. They offer support via multiple channels such as phone, live chat, emails, or mail.
Unbounce customer support is also available for even non-users inquiring about the services offered, partnerships, looking for experts’ opinions, or inquiring about the platform.
Pros & Cons
- Fast page loading speed
- Offers A/B testing functionality to all users
- Very flexible when it comes to customization
- Simple to use and highly effective WYSIWYG editor
- Responsive customer support
- Integrates with essential platforms like MailChimp and Zapier
- Limited templates options
- Sometimes the mobile view doesn’t match the desktop view
- Split testing is limited to pages created by Unbounce
Unbounce is best for creating landing pages.
Most Unbounce features focus on creating high converting landing pages and increase page loading speed. It also has accelerated mobile pages (AMP), which helps users build lighting fast landing pages.
ClickFunnels vs. Unbounce Comparison
|Purpose||Provides a range of tools for online marketing.||It specializes in building landing pages.|
|SEO||It has no tool specifically dedicated to helping users optimize their funnels for ranking. However, there are various tricks on how you can improve the SEO of our funnels.||It has features that help in creating SEO optimized landing pages that will rank higher in a pay per click campaign.|
|Page Builder||It’s a drag and drop funnel creation tool making it easy to use even if you’re a tech noob.||It was the first drag and drop page builder ever to be created. It was the platform to help online marketers take control of their pages without the help of tech-savvy experts.|
|Templates||Has multiple sales funnels and pages templates to make it easier for its users to create their sales funnels.||You can choose from their over 85 landing pages templates. Also, if you so wish, you can build a page from scratch.|
|Training||It has plenty of training tutorials from videos inside the account, their social media pages, and Youtube channels.||It has very few training tutorials.|
|Free Trial||It offers a 14-day trial period.||It also offers a 14-day trial period.|
|Price||Starts from $97.00 a month||Starts from $80.00 a month|
Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce offer all the essential tools that you would need to design high-converting landing pages.
Unbounce is ideal for those who are looking for some flexibility when designing their landing pages.
Meanwhile, ClickFunnels is a perfect choice for those who’re looking not only to design landing pages but also to have more powerful features like building sales funnels or even having an integrated email marketing platform.
ClickFunnels And Unbounce User Ratings
Let’s also take a look at what real users think about both of these tools and how they rate them.
As you can see ClickFunnels got higher (or at least the same) user rating on all platforms except TrustRadius.
The average rating for ClickFunnels is also a bit higher than Unbounce.
Looking at these ratings, we could probably see that ClickFunnels users are a bit more satisfied with their services than Unbounce users.
What Do ClickFunnels and Unbounce Have in Common?
Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce can build high-converting landing pages and have several other features in common.
The main similarities are:
- Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce provide landing page templates which make it easier to build professional-looking landing pages.
- Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce integrate with third-party email marketing providers such as MailChimp, Zapier, Constant Contact, Drip, etc, but the former offers more integration options.
- Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce have a drag and drop builder and allow customization on their templates.
- Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce offer a 14-day trial period
- Both ClickFunnels and Unbounce include A/B split testing capabilities.
Main Differences Between ClickFunnels And Unbounce
The main difference between ClickFunnels and Unbounce is that ClickFunnels is a bit more flexible tool to build not only landing pages but the whole sales funnels, whereas Unbounce is more focused on landing pages and their optimization.
The other major differences between ClickFunnels and Unbounce are:
- ClickFunnels provide an email provider with monthly packages which enable users to create autoresponders to increase their email marketing strategies, while Unbounce doesn’t provide an inbuilt email provider.
- Unbounce allows users to transfer pages created outside the platform to Unbounce. With ClickFunnels, you can only create pages using the platform.
- ClickFunnels offers membership sites while Unbounce doesn’t.
- ClickFunnels is more expensive than Unbounce. The starting price for ClickFunnels is $97/month, while Unbounce’s cheapest plan is $80/month.
How Is ClickFunnels Better Than Unbounce?
1. ClickFunnels Is an All-In-One Platform
If you’re looking for specifically a landing page builder, then you can check what Clickfunnels has to offer in its Squeeze page funnel. It’s a two-page funnel with a landing page and a thank you page.
But, that is just one of the many things that you can do with a ClickFunnels account.
You can use the account to create other sales funnels to capture leads and increase your sales.
You can create webinar funnels to add value to potential leads and also increase your email list with prospects.
And that’s not all.
2. With ClickFunnels You Can Create Membership Sites
ClickFunnels has a membership site feature that can help you capture leads for your membership site, offer your info-product, and receive payments through your preferred payment gateway.
You can run your online business on this membership site entirely.
3. ClickFunnels Lets You Nurture Your Leads to Customers/Clients
With the ClickFunnels Platinum plan, you’ll also get access to the ClickFunnels email autoresponder tool also known as Follow-up Funnels.
Follow-up funnels help you to capture your leads’ email addresses, segment and nurture them using specific email sequences.
It also gives you a platform to see the activities of all your leads, giving you a chance to know when and how to nurture them for easier conversion.
However, this feature isn’t available in the Standard plan. But, you can still integrate it with plenty of other email autoresponders such as:
- Active Campaign
- Constant Contact
- Market Hero
On the other hand, Unbounce doesn’t have an email marketing feature. Instead, it integrates with other email autoresponders to help you connect with your audience.
4. ClickFunnels Has an Affiliate Management Platform
ClickFunnels offers you a platform to manage your affiliates.
This affiliate management system gives you all the tools to turn your customers to promoters.
You can also manage affiliate commissions and earnings.
5. ClickFunnels Has Many Pre-Built Funnels
Russel Brunson and the team behind ClickFunnels’s primary goals are to provide you with tools to help you increase your conversions with little to no distractions.
Therefore, they have pre-built funnels and templates on almost every imaginable funnels an online marketer might need.
You can use the funnels to sell anything from info-products, services to physical products.
Some of the pre-built funnels include:
- Sales Funnels
- Webinar funnels
- Product launch funnel
- Opt-in funnel
- Best selling book funnel
These funnels help you to not only create your desired funnels with ease but also to visualize the journey your leads will take before they land on your email list or they make the purchase.
They also have tons of free templates to help you customize your desired pages with ease. If you’d prefer to buy a particular template that strikes your eye, you can also do so.
You can also check some of them on my site as well.
6. ClickFunnels Has a Marketplace to Sell Your Funnels
If you’re a talented page designer and builder, or you have some high converting funnels ClickFunnels has a marketplace where you can sell your funnels.
ClickFunnel Marketplace is a great place to sell your templates and funnels. This provides a source of an extra buck to help you reduce your expenses on subscription.
The marketplace is also a resource for the members who have a marketing budget and would want bigger only to use the funnels and templates built by experts.
You can also share your funnels with other members using ClickFunnels share funnels features. This also provides an opportunity for the members to share their proven funnels and help other members learn from their expertise.
It also makes work easier for the members who are skilled in designing converting funnels.
How Is Unbounce Better Than ClickFunnels?
1. Unbounce Is SEO Friendly
Unbounce has a feature known as Dynamic Text Placement that helps in creating SEO-optimized landing page copy.
This helps you in coming up with landing pages that will rank higher, giving you a higher chance of getting more visibility and traffic.
2. Unbounce Convertable
Convertable is one of the tools that make Unbounce a unique landing page builder.
It helps to create pop-up bars on landing pages.
When a lead is going through a landing page, they also get a pop-up bar with an additional call to action.
This helps to increase the persuasive power of the landing page, thereby enhancing its conversion rate.
The sticky bars are intuitive such that they can be set to pop-up when the lead is about to leave the landing page. This grabs their attention and motivates them to stay on the page.
3. Unbounce Is Compatible With WordPress
Unbounce is 100% compatible with WordPress.
So, if you have a WordPress site and you’d like to optimize it for conversion, Unbounce could be your best option.
You can use Unbounce to create squeeze pages, sticky bars, and pop-ups.
All these would help you convert visitors to leads giving you a chance to nurture them to customers with your email list.
ClickFunnels also claims to be completely compatible with WordPress. However, you have to use the ClickFunnels plug-in to integrate it into your WordPress site.
As much as this method works, it presents another dimension of challenges of using a plug-in on your website.
4. Unbounce Has Intuitive Pop-ups And Sticky Bars
Unbounce being a conversion-based software has put a lot of attention on sticky bars and pop-ups. You can customize them and schedule them in a way that they will be intuitive.
You can target them according to:
- Location: you can set the pop-up to be shown to people coming from a particular geographical location.
- Cookie: You can target people whose browsing history has collected and stored a certain cookie.
- Referrer: You can also target people who arrive at your website, depending on their referring URL.
- Alternatively, you can schedule them.
- You can also target leads depending on the behavior, such as their source. Have they been referred by Google, Facebook, Email, or certain campaigns?
All these options make the pop-ups and sticky bars to have a high converting potential since you target the leads depending on some predetermined factors.
You show specific information to a particular audience that is more likely to be persuaded and converted by that information.
This increases the power of Unbounce as a robust conversion tool.
5. Unbounce Is Mobile Friendly
79% of smartphone users in America have made a purchase online using their mobile phones.
This goes to show the prevalence of people who’re adopting the use of smartphones to make online purchases.
It is, therefore, critical that whichever platform you use for marketing online can help you tap on this growing trend.
Unbounce is one of the best platforms to create mobile-friendly pages that will help you convert more easily.
6. Unbounce Lets You Import And Export Pages
Do you work with clients, and you’d like to export a page from one Unbounce account to the other?
Unbounce has a feature that allows you to import and export landing pages. This makes your work as a marketer easier since you can easily duplicate a page that has had impressive conversions to another funnel.
ClickFunnels and Unbounce Pricing Comparison
|The Standard plan - $97 a month||Essential plan - $80.00 a month |
|The Platinum plan - $297 a month||Optimize plan - $120.00 a month |
|Accelerate Plan - $200.00 a month |
|Scale Plan - $300.00 a month |
ClickFunnels has two pricing plans – Standard plan for $97 a month and Platinum for $297 a month, while Unbounce comes with three pricing plans – Essential for $80 a month, Optimize for $120 a month, Accelerate for $200, and Scale for $300 a month which all comes with many different features.
ClickFunnels or Unbounce: Which is Better for You?
Comparing ClickFunnels and Unbounce is an unfair game. These two platforms are entirely different. Their point of similarity is that they both create squeeze pages to collect leads.
However, ClickFunnels is much more than that. It’s a whole sales funnel builder.
So, how do you determine which one is better for you?
Well, you should ask yourself what are the main goals you want to achieve and what do you expect to get from the tool.
Here are some of my observations based on various metrics and marketing goals.
Which Is a Best Tool for Landing Page Building?
When we compare ClickFunnels and Unbounce, I think that Unbounce is a bit better option for landing page building.
Unbounce offers a variety of features geared towards increasing conversion rates on your landing page.
For example, Unbounce has convertibles that allow you to create sticky bars and pop-up calls to action through overlays.
The platform also has sticky bars which draw attention to your products and services.
Even though Unbounce doesn’t have high-quality templates as compared to ClickFunnels, I think it is still the best platform for building landing pages for your business.
Which Tool Is Best for Lead Generation?
When it comes to lead generation, ClickFunnels takes the lead.
Everything about the platform is geared towards conversion, which translates to lead generation. From the templates, designs to the numerous sales funnels.
ClickFunnels also has an Ultimate guide and other resources which teach small businesses the secrets to capturing more email addresses.
You can also build a lead generation funnel for the specific aim of capturing leads.
Which Tool Has More Unique Features?
In this case, ClickFunnels has a ton of unique features.
For example, Follow Up funnels is a ClickFunnels marketing automation platform that integrates with your sales funnels for dynamic action.
Another unique feature is a Backpack which is the easiest way to create and manage an affiliate program to scale your business.
These two are just some of the unique features ClickFunnels offers. But, it is important to note most ClickFunnels features are geared towards marketing and increasing sales.
Which Tool Has a Better Support?
I must admit, Unbounce world-class customer support via multiple channels as compared to ClickFunnels.
You can get in touch with Unbounce customer service via live chat email, phone call, or even through the mail.
Unbounce has different direct call lines for different countries, and some are even toll-free. Additionally, the platform offers 1:1 onboarding and training.
But, ClickFunnels offers limited customer support. Most users complain about late replies. Priority phone support is exclusively available for higher-tier plan users.
However, ClickFunnels compensates for this shortcoming through its vast resources and online training programs.
ClickFunnels vs Unbounce: Verdict
ClickFunnels is a collection of various tools and features dedicated to promoting and selling products or services. Meanwhile, Unbounce is one of the most popular landing page builders. It’s a tool optimized to help you in lead generation.
Unbounce is undoubtedly one of the best landing page builders. But, it’s also one of the priciest page builders. Likewise, ClickFunnels is also a pricey sales funnel builder. All in all, these two platforms are all very efficient in their respective rights.
Who Should Choose ClickFunnels?
The following people might benefit the most from choosing ClickFunnels:
- If you’re looking for a complete sales funnel builder
- If you’re looking for a unique platform that will give you almost all the tools you need to scale your business, and you can integrate it with a few other third-party platforms.
- If you run a membership model business
- If you want to have affiliate members to help you promote your services and products
Who Should Choose Unbounce?
The following people might prefer Unbounce to ClickFunnels:
- If you’re specifically looking for a landing page builder
- If you have a reasonable marketing budget since Unbounce happens to be the most expensive landing page builder.
- If you own a WordPress site and you’re looking to optimize it for conversions
Disclosure: I am an independent ClickFunnels and Unbounce Affiliate, not an employee. I receive referral payments from ClickFunnels Unbounce. The opinions expressed here are my own and are not official statements of Unbounce and ClickFunnels or its parent company, Etison LLC.