You’re probably already using some type of online tool in your online marketing campaigns.
And the fact is that they not only save you a lot of time but they also facilitate your work significantly.
But here’s the problem:
Many of these tools are very expensive and not everyone can afford to buy them.
So the solution might be…
…to look for FREE alternatives!
That’s why I went hunting for the top free online marketing tools in a variety of marketing categories and put it all in one place for you.
Check it out:
TOP FREE SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS
Free Facebook Monitoring and Ads Management Tools
- Sumo Rank – Analyse any Facebook page to see what content works best for them.
- Facebook Ad Examples – Search a vast collection of ads examples for Free. Get Inspired by how others (including your competitors) advertise on Facebook!
- Compass – Analyze your Facebook Ads campaign and discover what’s working and what’s not about it! It only takes 4 clicks and it’s totally free.
Top Free Twitter Tools Which Will Help You Analyze And Grow Your Audience
- Spruce – Make Twitter ready images in seconds.
- Click to Tweet – Get more shares on your content. The easiest way to promote & advertise your stuff on Twitter.
- Social Bearing – Powerful search for tweets and profiles.
- SocialRank – A tool to identify, organize, and manage your followers on Twitter. Filter by interests, location, etc.
- Tweriod – Twitter tool, which analyzes your account to show you the best times to tweet for more exposure and replies.
- TweetDeck – Manage multiple Twitter accounts, schedule Tweets, and track mentions and hashtags.
- Followerwonk – Twitter analytics to find, analyze and optimize for social growth.
- My Top Tweet – Twitter analytics tool, that shows you the top 10 tweets for any Twitter user you wish.
- Riffle – A browser extension that adds an overlay to the Twitter profiles you visit, showing stats like retweets per tweet and favorites per tweet, as well as info on the top hashtags, mentions, and URLs that appear in one’s Twitter timeline.
- Commun.it – Drive traffic, increase fan engagement, grow followers/likes and save time on social media.
- Twitonomy – A dashboard of analytics for whichever Twitter user you choose (even yours). Analyze profiles, tweets, engagement, and more.
- Twitter Feed – Post a new article on your site. Send a tweet automatically.
- PeerReach – Connect with other like-minded and influential people.
Free Instagram Tools
- Minter.io – Hashtag analytics and account management for your Instagram account.
- Iconsquare – Get your total number of likes received, your most liked photos ever, your average number of likes and comments per photo, your follower growth charts and more advanced analytics.
Other Useful Free Social Media Tools
- Pablo by Buffer – Design engaging images for your social media posts in 30 seconds.
- Pay With a Tweet – Give people access to your Content or Product once they tweet or post about it. The easiest and fastest way to go viral!
- KUKU – Create and adapt content, schedule and publish your posts across multiple social media platforms.
- Hootsuite – Manage social networks, schedule messages, engage your audiences, and measure ROI right from the dashboard.
- Share Link Generator – Create shareable links for all major social media networks.
- Thunderclap – A “crowdspeaking” platform that lets individuals and companies rally people together to spread a message across social media networks.
- Woobox – Easily create powerful contests, sweepstakes, coupons, and more to grow your fans and amplify your marketing.
- SharedCount – Track URL shares, likes, tweets, and more.
- Share by SumoMe – Auto-optimized share buttons for max traffic.
- Flare – A sharing bar to encourage visitors to spread your content
- Klout – Get suggestions of shareable content that your audience hasn’t seen yet – create content that strikes a chord with your friends, fans, and followers – track how your audience interacts with it.
- Social Crawlytics – A tool, which allows you to conduct competitive research by showing you your competitors’ most-shared content.
- Tagboard – A cool tool, which uses hashtags to search for and collect public social media posts within seconds of being posted to networks like Twitter and Facebook.
- Share Tally – Enter your latest blog post URL to find out exactly how many shares, tweets, likes, plus ones, pins, stumbles, and just about any other social ‘vote’ your content has received.
- AddThis – Increase your shares, followers and likes using beautiful social tools.
- CliClap – content sharing platform which will help you boost audience engagement every time you share content.
- Mentia – See what content will work best for you on social media.
- Crate – Connect your Twitter or Buffer account and share the most engaging & relevant content to your audience.
TOP FREE OUTREACH TOOLS
Get Better at Blogger And Influencer Outreach With These Free Tools:
- Clearbit Connect – Find everything about your contacts right inside your Gmail.
- Rapportive – Chrome extension that helps you get to know your contacts better by showing their photo, job, company, LinkedIn profile, and recent tweets.
- Ninja Outreach – Outreach software for influencer marketing and lead generation (read review).
- Mail Track – Send an unlimited number of tracked emails.
- RocketReach – Find anyone’s personal and work email, phone numbers, and full profile information from 50+ sites including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Angel.co and Crunchbase.
- Anymail Finder – Type in the full name and the company of your contact, then wait a couple glorious seconds and get a valid email address of that person.
- Voila Norbert – Find the email of the person you’re looking for.
- Customer.io – Send targeted human messages to your users, by utilizing their unique interactions with your business.
- Find That Email – Find the email address of decision makers in millions of companies worldwide.
TOP FREE EMAIL MARKETING TOOLS
This List of Free Email Marketing Tools Will Help You Optimize Your Email Campaigns the Way Better
- Mailer Lite – Email marketing software. Send unlimited emails to up to 1,000 subscribers forever FREE.
- LinksLetter – Send curated newsletter easily.
- Receiptful – Send beautiful e-mail receipts that increase customers’ lifetime value through the usage of targeted, marketing messages / up-sells.
- Really Good Emails – A large collection of good product email design.
- Art of Emails – Convert more prospects with proven sales email templates.
- Samplia Builder – Design high converting email templates without coding.
- Sendwithus – A/B Testing for Transactional Email.
- ManyContacts – Free contact form sits on top of your website.
- Scroll Box by SumoMe – Capture more email addresses, politely.
- BEE free – Free Email editor to build responsive design messages.
- Canned Emails – A minimal site with prewritten emails.
- Gorgias Email Templates for Chrome – Create custom, personalized email templates and insert them with shortcuts in Chrome.
- WiseStam Free Email Signature Generator – Create free and attractive email signatures.
TOP FREE SEO TOOLS
Don’t Miss a Thing. Run a Technical SEO Audit With These Website Audit Tools
- SEO Site Checkup – Type in your website, select factors, hit “Checkup!” and get access to your website’s SEO problems for free.
- Zadroweb SEO Auditor – Scan your website in seconds for common SEO fixes and results such as organic keywords, meta tags, and more.
The Best Free Keyword Research and Analysis Tools to Use for More Search Traffic
- Übbersuggest – A free keyword suggestion tool that gives you a very healthy assortment of keyword suggestions based on your input.
- KeywordTool.io – Get 750+ Google keyword suggestionsforfree.
- Wordtracker – Get high-performing keywords in minutes.
- KWfinder – Find hundreds of hidden keywords with low SEO difficulty in seconds.
- Keyword Shitter – Put in some seed keywords, and it will spew out a collection of related, long-tail keyphrases real fast.
- Free Keyword Tool – View keyword search volume and CPC data on suggested keywords from Google, Youtube, Bing, Amazon, eBay, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu & Ask
- Keywordomatic – A Bing, Ebay, Amazon and Google Bulk Suggest Scraper and Keyword Research tool that can help you generate large numbers of great keywords ideas quickly.
- KeywordX – A tool for blog post ideas and keyword research.
- LSIGraph – Start generating Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords for your SEO needs.
- Keys4up – Another similar tool to search for LSI keywords.
Free Keyword Rank Checker Tools That Will Help You Check Keyword Rankings
- Pro Rank Tracker – Most Comprehensive Rank Tracking & Reporting Solution.
- Search Latte – A neat little tool that will let you see your keyword’s SERPS for any country and language.
- Rank Checker by SERPs – Free keyword rank & SERP checker.
Spy on Your Competitors With These Free Competition Analysis Tools
- SEMRush – Analyze your competitors and how they’re doing with search engines.
- Open Link Profiler – Get the freshest backlinks, for free.
Analyze the Data With These Free Excel SEO Tools
- SEO Tools for Excel – An Excel add-in that adds a bunch of useful functions for working with SEO and other web metrics directly in Excel. This plugin does so many things many SEOs won’t work without it.
- SEO Gadget for Excel – Unlock the incredible capabilities of tool provider data from Majestic SEO, Moz and Grepwords within Excel.
A Must Have Free SEO Browser Extensions That Will Make Your Life Easier
- MozBar – The MozBar provides easy access to the most powerful SEO tools and data while you surf the web.
- SEOquake – A popular and handy analytic seo-tool for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers. It helps to obtain an information about any site for a wide range of parameters such as page rank, Google index, Alexa and many others.
- Keyword Everywhere – Free Chrome extension to view search volume and CPC at Google Analytics, Search Console, UberSuggest, Soovle & more.
Use These Free Google Algorithm Tracking Tools to See if Algorithm Updates Are Happening
- Mozcast – Weather report showing turbulence in the Google algorithm. The hotter and stormier the weather, the more Google’s rankings changed.
- Algoroo – Another Google algorithm tracking tool.
- SERP.Watch – Unlike other algorithm trackers, this tool has additional filters allowing it to track fluctuations in different countries.
Check if Google Penalized Your Website With These Free Google Penalty Checkers
- Panguin Tool – Connect with your Google Analytics account and find out if and when you’ve been hit by Google Algorithm updates.
- JellyFish Google Penalty Checker – Similar to Panguin Tool. Find out if Google has penalized your site.
Other Useful SEO Tools
- Berify – Find your stolen images and video with reverse image search.
- Image Raider – Reclaim attribution links from websites using your copyrighted images – a simple but effective link reclamation tool.
- Broken Links – Find broken links, redirects & more.
- Copyscape – Search for copies of your page on the web.
- Broken Link Checker – This free online Checker / Validator not just tells you which of your hyperlinks are dead but it will also show to you where exactly those stale references locate in your HTML code!
- WikiGrabber – Find pages within Wikipedia that need citations so you can create content that can be used as a reference to the article in question.
- Pingdom – Test the load time of your site.
- Google PageSpeed Tool – Identify ways to make your site faster and more mobile-friendly.
- Google Webmaster Tools – Improve your site’s performance in Google search.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – Improve your site’s performance in Bing search.
- Google Correlate – Finds search patterns which correspond with real-world trends.
FREE PRESS COVERAGE TOOLS
Use These Free Tools for Getting Noticed by Journalists
- Jona PR – A media database of over 7000 startup journalists (and growing).
- PressPass.me – An open live directory of journalists and media professionals organized by the outlets they work for and the beats and regions they cover. Search for journalists based on several criteria to find the one who fits your business best.
- Submit.co – A huge list of sites you can get press coverage for your startup.
- A News Tip – Build relationships with journalists around the world. Find journalists by what they tweet.
- Just Reach Out – The easiest way for startups and individuals to find and pitch relevant reporters based on the best fit for topic.
- HARO – Platform, which connects news sources with journalists looking for their expertise. A good way to get into the eyes of journalists.
- JournoRequests – PR opportunities from Twitter delivered to your inbox.
- Media Diplomat – Get requests from reporters around the world seeking expert comment.
- Presskit Generator – Generate a Press Kit for your iOS App for free.
FREE CONVERSION OPTIMIZATION TOOLS
Increase Your ROI With These Free Conversion Optimization Tools
- Optimizely – Easy-to-use A/B, multivariate, and multi-page testing for any stage of the customer experience.
- User Report – Free and easy tool for getting user feedback and data.
- inSite.io – Personalize your site and increase conversions by automatically changing your WordPress site at predetermined trigger points.
- Experiment Calculator – A/B Testing calculator that tells you how long your experiment should take.
- TLDR – Increase leads while boosting user experience. Create custom summaries for your content and embed targeted CTAs within them.
- Megaphone – The easiest way to create beautiful marketing pages.
- iFrapp – Create Facebook apps, online landing pages, and mobile landing pages. Engage your customers with contests, contact forms, video galleries, showrooms and much more.
TOP FREE WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYTICS TOOLS
Gain More Understanding About Your Users With These Tools And Applications:
- Google Analytics – A comprehensive analytics data for your website.
- Piwik – A lightweight web analytics solution, and a great alternative to Google Analytics.
- Whatagraph – Get weekly and monthly analytics reports for FREE and see an overview of key statistics. Simple and straightforward to understand!
- Insights Web Analytics – Import your Google Analytics data into this system and get back the insights you need to optimize your website in seconds.
- Mixpanel – The most advanced analytics platform in the world for mobile & web.
- Hotjar – Identify your hottest opportunities for improvement using heatmaps, recordings, funnel analytics, form analytics, polls and surveys.
- Segment – Collect your customer data in one place, send it anywhere.
- Content Analytics – See how much of your articles get read and where your readers stop reading.
- Cyfe – All-In-One Dashboard. Social media, analytics, marketing, sales, support, infrastructure… monitor everything!
- Like Explorer – Check how many people liked or shared a specific web page on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social networks.
- Twitter Analytics – Review your Twitter performance.
- Pinterest Analytics – Review your Pinterest performance.
FREE MEDIA MONITORING AND SOCIAL LISTENING TOOLS
Manage Your Brand’s Online Reputation Effectively
- Talkwalker Alerts – Monitor the Web for interesting new content about your name, brand, competitors, events or any favourite topic.
- Google Alerts – Track when your company and your competitors have been mentioned online.
- BrandMentions – Type in a keyword and track all the relevant mentions.
- Notify.ly – Whenever your business name gets mentioned, get notified on Slack or HipChat.
- Rankur – Social media monitoring and engagement tool.
- Warble – Alerts every time your blog posts are shared on Twitter.
- Keyhole – Notifies you whenever a particular keyword, hashtag, or URL is mentioned on Twitter.
TOP FREE ONLINE GRAPHIC DESIGN TOOLS
Create Stunning Images Easily With These Free Image Editing And Creation Tools
- Canva – Amazingly simple graphic design for bloggers.
- TinyTake – Free, simple screen capture & video recording tool.
- Design Wizard – Create stunning visuals in minutes.
- Monosnap – Free Screenshot editing tool.
- Snappa – Create amazing designs without the help of a graphic designer.
- Pixlr – Set of image tools and utilities, including a number of photo editors, a screen grabber browser extension, and a photo sharing service.
- Easel.ly – Simple web tool that empowers anyone to create and share powerful visuals (infographics, posters)… No design experience needed!
- BeFunky – Another awesome free online photo editing tool.
- Placeit – Insert your app screenshot into iPhone and iPad mockups templates and generate product mockups within seconds.
- Sumo Paint – The most versatile photo editor and painting application that works in a browser.
- Vizzlo – Create high quality charts, infographics and business visualisations for free in seconds.
- Recordit – A faster way to take screencasts Free + GIF Support.
- MockFlow – Design and collaborate on user interface concepts for your apps and websites.
- Paletton – A designer tool for creating color combinations that work together well. Formerly known as Color Scheme Designer.
- Recite – Turn a quote into a visual masterpiece.
- Compressor.io – Optimize and compress your images online.
TOP FREE MARKETING AUTOMATION TOOLS
- Zapier – A platform for connecting apps to automate tasks.
- IFTTT – This tool stands for IF This, Then That. The tool allows you to create automatic triggers between various apps.
OTHER VALUABLE FREE DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS
Save Time And Boost Your Online Business Performance
- Jimmy Data – Customise, automate and share Google Adwords & Analytics reports in seconds.
- Mobile Monkey – build automated, mobile messaging between businesses and customers via Facebook Messenger.
- Render Forest – Free tool for creating professional intros, animations, slideshows and music visualizations in minutes.
- Marketing Grader by Hubspot – Grade your marketing. Enter your website address and you’ll get a full report on how you’re doing with your marketing online.
- Hello Bar – A fun, unobtrusive yet highly visible web toolbar that sits at the top of your website and is a great way to engage users and get them to take immediate action.
- IntroBar – Welcome and entice visitors from specific sources with Intro Bars.
- Launchrock – Launch Your Landing Page in Minutes. Acquire, engage and grow your audience with powerful social sharing tools & analytics that drive user growth.
- PushCrew – Send browser notifications to your users, even when they’re not on your website.
- ClickFunnels – Sales funnel creation software.
- Typeform – Create awesome online forms. Free online survey tool that makes asking questions easy, human & beautiful.
- Ruzzit – Find the most shared content on the web.
- Tawk.to – Totally free live chat.
- Live Chat 24/7 – Free live chat + chatbot that learns as you engage with your customers.
- Content Seeding – Find influencers with content.
- Board Reader – Search engine for forums and boards.
- Drift Daily – Get a daily email and Slack alerts with names, faces and context of your site’s new signups – for free.
- Mautic – Monitor websites, create landing pages, send emails, manage social media accounts and grow your business.
- FAQ Fox – Find questions your viewers are asking online, free.
- MakeMyPersona – Quick and easy buyer persona development for your inbound marketing strategy
Did I Miss Something?
This list is nowhere near complete.
What tools do you use?
I’d love to hear about your favorite free online marketing tools, which I haven’t mentioned in this post! Please share it in the comments bellow.
I promise to update this post in the future according to your suggestions.